Monday, May 21, 2012

Shrimp and tofu stir-fried noodle



I hope everyone enjoyed the lovely warm weather of this weekend. Because  I know I did!!!
It was such a lazy weekend. All we did on Saturday was going out to eat and shop and then... eat some more:). When we came home, the boys and I hung out in the back yard and enjoyed the afternoon breeze. So lovely!

This morning. we went to the local farmer's market. I just have this unexplainable love for farmer's markets and everything about it. Aside from getting the healthy, organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables, I also love the atmosphere and the kicked-back pace of browsing from one stall to the other while sampling their yummy, freshly harvested produces. Anyway, I will some day do a separate post about farmer's markets. If you have never been to one, I suggest you try to go and find out what they have to offer. 

After lunch, I ran some errands and bought some supplies for my baking night tonight. The baking is not for our own consumption, but for my oldest son's teacher. He will be done with kindergarten in a couple of days. So I figured I should bake something nice for his teacher as a token of saying thank you for her hard, diligent work with the kids through out the year.

With all the baking plans ahead, I know I will not have a lot of time to prepare dinner. Good thing I still have a pack of egg noodle I bought last week in the fridge, a block of tofu and some shrimps. I also gathered all the vegetables I could find to add the healthy greens to the dish. Less than an hour later, we got stir-fried egg noodle to be served for dinner. Quick, easy and delish!!!




Ingredients:

1. 1 box of Vietnamese egg noodle (Wonton brand)
2. 1/2 block of tofu (cut into small pieces and deep fry til golden brown)
3. 20 shrimps (peeled, deveined), 3 soy imitation fish filets (cut into 1/3 inch pieces, fried)
4. 1/4 head of cabbage (shredded into 1/4 inch strands)
5. 1/2 carrot (julienne)
6. 1/2 cup of chopped leek, some cilantro for garnish
7. Fried shallot in oil
8. 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp bot nem (or mushroom seasoning), 1 tbs sweet soy sauce, 2 tsp sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, 1 tbsp oyster sauce (mix all the seasoning ingredients to combine)



In a medium pot, bring some water to boil. Separate the noodle strands and add to the boil water. Cook for 1 minute, remove from the hot water and immediately rinse the noodle under cold, running water in the sink. Drain the water from the noodle and add some fried shallot with a couple teaspoons of oil into the cooked noodle.

In a large wok, add some cooking oil and shrimps, season with 1/2 tsp of bot nem (or mushroom seasoning). Cook until the shrimps turn pink and lightly brown. Remove from the wok and set aside.

In the same wok, add the chopped leek and stir for a minute, then add in the shredded cabbage and carrot. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes until slightly soften. Add in the tofu, shrimp, soy fish fillets and the egg noodles. Season with the soy sauce mixture, stir fry for about 2-3 minutes and remove from heat. Transfer to a plate, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with some soy sauce on the side and red chili pepper (if you can tolerate the heat).

 

ENJOY!!!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...