Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Super supreme Pizza




    I have to confess, my experience for pizza is very limited, unless you count heating up the frozen pizza in the oven as  making pizza.  I guess that is because I've never been a fan of pizza. I know, I know, I'm just weird like that. But since it is many people's comfort food including my own son, I will introduce a quick and easy way to make this comfort food fresh and delicious without the sacrifice of time.  Maybe one day when time allows, I will try to make one from scratch, until then we will have to rely on the pre-made pizza dough.
    As you may know, I'm a full-time working mom, so I need to find ways to prepare meals as quickly as possible yet flavorful to feed my growing boys.  Since making pizza from scratch is quite time-consuming, so I thought maybe if I can get my hands on the ready-to-bake dough then I can produce my dinner more readily to my hungry crowd.  Once you get that dough part down, the rest is like a breeze. You can pretty much throw in any toppings that you have on hand, use your imagination, the sky is the limit. You can also get your kids involved in the preparation process, I'm sure you all will have fun making and enjoying it together.
     


Ingredients:
1. Premade pizza dough (I got mine from Trader's Joe, Whole food has it too)
2. 3-4 tbsp Pesto sauce, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
3. 5-6 baby portabella mushroom (sliced)
4. 6 cherry tomato (sliced)
5. Broccolini (cut into 2-3 inch pieces)
6. White or red onion (thinly sliced)
7. Any meat topping (I used capicola and salami, but you also use pepperoni, Italian sausages, or even chicken...)
8. Crispy bacon (chopped into 2 inch pieces)
9. Basil leaves (chopped)

Let the dough sit out at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes. Then roll out the dough into a 12 inch round circle.  Place the pie on top of a pizza pan or a cookie sheet. Spread the pesto sauce thinly on top, then sprinkle the cheese generously. Add in the rest of the toppings one by one (except for bacon and basil).
Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 15 min at 450F or until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown. Remove from the oven, sprinkle crispy bacon and basil on top, slice and serve immediately.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...