Just me and the boys are home tonight, so I didn't want to prepare any fancy dinner. The boys were chowing down their Japanese ramen noodles that I cooked for them. This is one of their favorite quick-fix meals. As for me, I use the left over rice and some fresh Kimchi that a friend just got for me to fix myself this quick and delicious fried rice for dinner. It was supper fast to prepare and doesn't even cost an arm and a leg since it was made from very simple ingredients. I especially love the kimchi flavor in this fried rice, just enough the tang and the spiciness that will make your tummy very happy. Too bad that my hubby was missing out on this yummy dish, but that means more for me to devour :).
- 4 cups of leftover rice
- 1 cup of kimchi
- 10-15 medium shrimps
- 1 egg
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Chopped green onion for garnish
- 1.5 tbsp fish sauce, 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce, 1 tsp mushroom seasoning, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, ground black pepper, 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- In a medium wok, add 1-2 tbsp of cooking oil, wait for the oil to get a little hot, then add in garlic and stir until lightly brown and fragrant.
- Quickly break in the egg and scramble for a minute. Add the shrimps in and stir constantly for another minute. Season the shrimps with some mushroom seasoning and garlic powder.
- Subsequently add in the rice and stir quickly, season the fried rice with the rest of seasonings.
- Finally, add in the kimchi, do another quick stir until everything is combined. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped green onions for garnish.